Manager, Software Development
This position will be located out of the College Station, Texas Office
DATATRAK’s Manager, Software Development is an Engineering leader who effectively guides and builds teams to be successful. The Manager will be leading teams responsible for both backend and front end development on our core CRM platform. This position works closely with key stakeholders across the company to execute the strategic priorities of the company via project oversight, process improvement identification and implementation, risk mitigation, budget management, and hiring. The successful candidate will also focus on coaching, mentoring, and promoting expected behaviors for direct reports.
· Foster an environment of collaboration and trust between your teams and the Product, Quality
· Assurance, Production Engineering, and Customer Support teams.
· Minimize roadblocks and maximize opportunities to keep all members of the teams productive,
· engaged, and fulfilled in their roles.
· Mentor a positive culture where team members feel empowered to suggest and implement product and
· process enhancements within their team and across the organization.
· Encourage an attitude of proactive responsibility and a sense of urgency in resolving issues.
· Proactively engage managers and leads across the organization to ensure development is meeting the
· needs of customers both internal and external
· Conceives team structure and constantly seeks opportunities to adjust team structure to maximize
· agility and efficiency
· Plan and execute projects based on the product development pipeline
· Contribute creatively to the product development pipeline
· Present issues and risks, and their business impact to management in a timely manner with proposed
· mitigation. Actively seeks and removes impediments to team success regardless of where they originate
· Human resource contributions associated with the team, including recruiting, hiring, performance
· evaluation, and coaching
· Work with stakeholders and product managers to ensure products being developed comply with
· technical specifications and project schedules and yield a highly competitive end product.
· Work effectively with Product Management, Operations, and Sales to ensure client satisfaction.
· Passionate technologists with 5 or more years of professional experience and a strong foundation in
· application development
· Bachelor’s Degree in MIS, Computer Science, Math, Engineering or comparable experience
· Deep understanding of multiple programming approaches with a broad knowledge of large‐scale, SaaS
· application development.
· Experience architecting technical solutions for complex problems and delivering them to technical and
· non‐technical audiences
· Proven ability to lead and advance software teams
· Experience with business drivers and how those relate to software delivery
· Ability to diagnose and resolve problems independently with creative approaches
· Ability to create clear goals and foster accountability and ownership
· Skilled in balancing risk with time‐to‐market objectives
· Effective communicator both verbally and written
· Experience with automated testing frameworks and continuous integration.
· Experience developing Web Service (SOAP, WCF, and Restful Web API) data aggregation through XML,
· JSON messaging
· Network management experience
· Knowledge of security operations, standards & issues associated with modern web applications
Submit resumes and specify position to Laura Stuebbe at email@example.com.